The position supports the activities of the Production and Equipment Departments including but not limited to: administrative project functions, site delivery of documents and/or equipment, equipment rental/procurement.
Areas of Responsibility
- Procurement and delivery of supplies and/or paperwork to job sites and/or vendors.
- Research projects for the Production and Equipment Departments.
- Assist the Production staff and Equipment Manager in the following areas:
- Purchasing/renting equipment
- Truck deliveries/pick-ups coordination
- Collecting and preparing budget and closeout paperwork
- Light duty work that may require hand tools, such as packing/unpacking of equipment for shipping and assembly of fixture components
- Additional tasks based on individual skill set.
- Timely delivery of project paperwork and equipment to job sites, specifically ensuring Lighting Designers and Gaffers have complete, up to date sets of documentation prior to the start of each project.
- Assist in maintaining complete and accurate production files for all current and past projects.
- Conduct research on equipment/manpower as requested by Department Managers.
- Assist Department Managers in equipment rental and purchase arrangements from vendors specifying delivery dates, times and locations; timely follow up with vendors to ensure specified delivery and pick up.
- Assist Department Managers with collecting timesheets, gaffer reports, and other information for completing project close outs.
- Assist with arranging travel (flights, trains, hotels, rental cars) and consolidating expenses.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Working knowledge of office computer programs such as the MS Office Suite, Adobe and/or similar PDF editors.
- Working knowledge of MediaPulse and/or Quickbooks knowledge a plus, but not required.
- Comfortable with spreadsheets, data entry
- Must be detail oriented.
- The ability to lift 50lbs regularly
- The Production Assistant reports to the VP of Production
Salary is commensurate with experience. LDG offers an excellent benefits package after probationary period. Send resume and a cover letter stating salary requirements and why you feel you will be a valuable employee to LDGjobs@ldg.com. Please include “Production Assistant” in subject line.